To impart knowledge and excellence in civil engineering and technology with global perspectives to our students and to make them ethically strong engineers to build our nation.
- To produce civil engineers of high calibre, technical skills and ethical values to serve the society and nation.
- To promote innovative and original thinking in the minds of budding engineers to face the challenges of future.
- To interact with industry and keep the department on the frontlines of technical advances and emphasize R&D.
Program Educational Objectives
- The educational objectives of the civil engineering program are designed to produce skilled engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the civil engineering profession and are ready to handle the challenges of the profession. The civil engineering department is committed to produce civil engineers who:
- Shall apply fundamental technical knowledge and skills to find creative solutions to technological challenges and problems in various areas of basic sciences and engineering.
- Shall be able to analyse, design and use skills in order to formulate and solve civil engineering problems.
- Shall be able to practice civil engineering in a responsible, professional and ethical manner and implement eco-friendly sustainable technologies for the benefit of industry and society.
- To take up higher education & to engage in research and development in civil engineering and allied areas of science and technology.