Dr. Ashwani Kumar is an Associate Professor and the Head of the Department (HOD) in Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning) at Sreyas Institute of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad, TS, India. He is an academician with more than 10 years of teaching and training experience in Computer Science & Engineering. His research areas include image security, watermarking techniques, multimedia application, security & privacy, cryptography & network security, and cloud computing.
He obtained his doctorate degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Jaypee University of Information Technology, HP; M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from JUIT, HP; B.Tech in Information Technology from Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow.
He was awarded the Bentham Brand Ambassador Award for the year 2019-2020. He has published numerous research papers in the journals of International repute indexed in Web of Science & SCOPUS and top rank conferences as authored or co-authored. His research findings are also published in Procedia Computer Science Elsevier, JST University Putra Malaysia, IJCAC IGI Global USA, IEEE Xplore. He is serving as the reviewer of many SCI Journals- IET Information IET Digital Library, Multimedia Tools and Applications (MATP) Springer, National Academy Science Letters Springer, Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems (JIFS) IOS Press. Currently, he is the editorial board member of many reputed Journals-IJDCF, IJISP, IJEUCD, IGI Global Journal USA indexed in WOS/SCOPUS.
He has served as the guest editor for International Journal, Recent Patent of Engineering, Bentham Publication indexed in SCOPUS. He is the editor of book series: Advancements in Security and Privacy Initiatives for Multimedia Images, IGI Global Journal USA. He served as session chair in several International conferences-ICIIP-2019, MISS-2020, IC4S-2020, PGDC-2020.
From the desk of the HOD
At SIET, we believe in sustainability, quality in terms of curriculum, placements, research and overall personality development of students. This specialization is created with the aim to enable students to design intelligent machines with a leading-edge technology combination of artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics and visualization technologies. Understanding the industry requirements students would be able to acquire, explain and apply key ideas in artificial intelligence & machine learning and how they are being used in the giants of the software industry Amazon, Facebook, IBM, Google etc. The knowledge of related fields such as natural language processing, text mining, robotics, reasoning and problem solving would also be imparted to the students. Students will get hands-on to implement scalable solutions with components, tools and technologies of AI & ML.
Ph.D(CSE) from Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT) Solan (HP) 2017.
M.Tech (CSE) from Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat, Solan (HP) 2011.
B.Tech (IT) from Invertis Institute of Engineering & Technology, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Strengths & Achievements
- Executive General Chair in third International Conference on Smart and Intelligent Learning for Information Optimization 2021, 9-10 July 2021 at Sreyas Institute of Engineering and Technology, Nagole, Hyderabad.
- General Co-Chair in International Conference on Machine Learning and Information Processing ICMLIP-2020, 28-29 November 2020 at Vardhaman College of Engineering, Hyderabad, (Autonomous).
- Editor for Book Chapter title “Advancements in Security and Privacy Initiatives for Multimedia Images” Hershey, PA: IGI Global, USA,
- Guest Editor of a thematic issue of Bentham Science Publisher Journals-Recent Patents on Engineering [Indexed in SCOPUS].
- Appointed as Bentham Brand Ambassador for the year 2019-2020 for Bentham Science Publishers.
- Member of the Board of Studies in Computer Science and Engineering of Vardhaman College Of Engineering (Autonomous).
- Session Chair at 2nd International Conference on Computing, Communications, and Cyber-Security (IC4S-2020) held during October 03-04, 2020 in IEI, Delhi India.
- Session Chairat International Conference on Innovations in Information and Communication Technologies (IICT-2020) held during 7-8 November 2020, at ITS, Mohan Nagar, Ghaziabad, UP, India.
- Session Chair at 1st International Conference on Machine Intelligence and Smart Systems 2020 (MISS-2K20) held during Sep 24-25, 2020 in Gwalior, India.
- Session Chair at 6th International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing (PDGC 2020) held at Jaypee University of Information Technology, during 6th-8th November 2020.
- Session Chair at 5th International Conference on Image Information Processing (ICIIP-2019) November, 15 – 17, 2019.
- Co-Session Chair at International Conference on 3rdInternational Congress on Advances in Mechanical Sciences (ICAMS-2020) held at Vardhaman College of Engineering, Hyderabad, India, during 27th – 28th August 2020.
- Active Participation in IJENS Researchers Promotion Group.
- Participation in Sports Event at (Spardha-2009) IT BHU, Varanasi, India.
- Active Member of Discipline committee in college annual function Invertia.
Editorial Review Board Member
- International IET InformationIET Digital Library, Europe.
- International Journal of digital Crime and Forensics (IJDCF) IGI Global Journal
- International Journal of Information Security and Privacy (IJISP) IGI Global Journal
- International Journal of End-User Computing and Development (IJEUCD) IGI Global Journal USA.
- International Journal of Computer Science Issues (IJCSI), Republic of Mauritius ISSN: 1694-0784.
- International Journal of Healthcare Information Systems and Informatics (IJHISI) IGI Global Journal
Review Board Member
- Reviewer of Multimedia Tools and Applications (MATP). [Indexed in SCI]
- Reviewer of International IET Information IET Digital Library, Europe. [Indexed in SCI]
- Reviewer of National Academy Science Letters Springer. [Indexed in SCI]
- Reviewer of Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems (JIFS). [Indexed in SCI]
- Technical Program Committee member in 4th International Conference on Advances in Computing and Data Sciences (ICACDS 2020), 24-25 April 2020.
- Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems Netherlands.
- Pertanika Journal of Science & Technology (JST).
- Reviewer of Journal of Image Processing.
- 5th International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Data Mining (FSDM 2019)October 18-21, 2019, Kitakyushu City, Japan.
- The International Conference on Digital Enterprise and Information Systems (DEIS 2011), United Kingdom.
- Successfully completed 8-week course “Cloud Computing” NPTEL Online Certification Swayam August September 2018.
- Information Security: Context and Introduction online non-credit course authorized by University of London and Royal Holloway, University of London and offered through
- Blockchain Basics an online non-credit course authorized by the University at Buffalo and The State University of New York and offered through
- Python Data Structures online non-credit course authorized by University of Michigan and offered through
- Cloud Computing Basics (Cloud 101)an online non-credit course authorized by LearnQuest and offered through
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks an online non-credit course authorized by IBM and offered through
- Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) an online non-credit course authorized by University of Michigan and offered through
- Python Data Structures an online non-credit course authorized by university of Michigan and offered through Coursera
Membership of Academic Bodies
- Life time membership of “Indian Society For Technical Education (LMISTE)” Membership NO: LM 123842
- Life time membership of “International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT)” Membership NO: 80340825
- Life time membership of “International Association of Engineers (IAENG)” Membership NO: 113849
- Life time membership of “The Society of Digital Information and Wireless Communications (SDIWC)”
- CSTA (Computer Science Teachers Association)Membership NO: 7390233
- Post Ph.D having 4+ years of teaching experience.
- 10 years of teaching experience in engineering subjects for UG and PG courses.
- International/National Journal Publications: 14
- International/National Conferences Publications: 21
- International Book Chapter: 5
- International Patent: 2
- Google Citations=293, h-Index=11, i10-Index =13
Dr. Ashwani Kumar
HOD, Dept. of CSE (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning)