The Career Guidance Unit is envisioned primarily to assist students in their career planning and provides information that helps the students to give a direction to their aspirations and interests. The Career Guidance Unit believes in timely counseling and arrange training sessions that enhances the students to compete with the best challenges in Industry. Career counseling programs are undertaken periodically by the placement coordinator to guide the students. Interactive sessions by the eminent persons in respective fields are conducted regularly.
Various career guidance activities proposed to be undertaken:
- Information regarding GRE, GMAT, GATE, CAT and other entrance exams are made available to the students
- The students are advised on the various avenues they can explore based on their areas of interest – be it in the research field, software development or core engineering fields. Recruitment to various research posts in DRDO, ISRO and the like are notified to the interested students
- The students are motivated to take the plunge into entrepreneurship and required training classes are organised. Budding entrepreneurs are given guidance to further their career and start-off on their own
- Career counseling programs are undertaken to guide the students whenever required. Interactive sessions by the experts in respective fields are conducted regularly. This keeps the students in touch with the latest developments, thereby bringing them at par with the best brains of the country
- Various talks, symposiums and workshops by eminent personalities are conducted on a regular basis which exposes the students to various career opportunities. This helps in the enhancement of technical and soft skills of the students
- Personality development programs, mock interviews and mock GD sessions are conducted to enhance the communication skills of the students and to make them proficient in appearing for the same.