Principal: Dr. Suresh Akella
- Ph.D in FEM and numerical simulations from University of Alberta, Canada, 1984 where he developed Timoshenko Beams and shafts to model Turbine shaft vibrations and balancing.
- Postgraduate (Masters) Degree in Design and Machine dynamics from IIT Madras, 1980
- Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Osmaina University, 1978
- Industry: Worked as R&D and Quality head for about 25 years, developed AWQ quite compressor which was the life line of the company for about 20 years. He was also technically heading Denison Hydraulics for Hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. As a Quality head he was involved in TQM, ISO9000, ISO14000, UL certification.
- Academics: 10 years of teaching experience for both B. Tech and M. Tech dealing subjects like Precision Engineering; TQM & FEM; Tribology; Engineering Mechanics and Drawing.
- Ph. D Guide – 4 PhD doctorates were awarded under his guidance and another five are pursuing.
- Google Scholar: Citations – 253; H –Index: 6; i10 Index: 5
- Principal and R&D head at Sreyas Institute of Engineering and Technology, affiliated to JNTUH.
- He is the chief editor of Sreyas International Journal for Scientists and Technocrats.
- He is the partner of Akella Systems manufacturing portable ACs, SMAC, from the institute.
- He was BOS member for ME for JNTUH, Vignan and RGKUT.
- A member of IIE, NVSI, IIW, ISHRE.
Research, Projects & Publications:
- He has published more than 50 papers in International and National Journals and conferences in the area of noise and vibrations, R&AC, compressor designs.
- He got three patents.
- US Patent App. 11/0 16, 431: Variable frequency compressor – cited in Google scholar 57 times, implemented at Tecumseh.
- Appl No. 2253/che/2010: Roll Bond Evaporated – ISHRAE student application for cell tower cooling
- Appl No. 201841043732A: Portable Air Conditioner in manufacturing by Akella Systems.
- Completed a 25Lacs project for BRFST for welding analysis using Ansys and Abacus in 2015
- Established a Psychrometric test lab under MSME supported by EDC of JNTUH in the duration 2013 -16.
- He developed Timoshenko Beams and shafts to model Turbine shaft vibrations and balancing.
- He built a semi anechoic remove for assisting compressor model testing and Air conditioner testing
- He developed calorimeter lab, reliability lab, customer care centre.
- He also helped local university JNTUH and OU for their, UG, PG and PhD projects.
He has visited Canada, USA, Japan, China, South Korea, France and Dubai for his research work and presentation of papers in the conferences. His interest in modelling and manufacturing continues.