- September 21, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
FDP on Report writing & Research Opportunities
One Week FDP on Report Writing and Research Opportunities
Dr. T Kishen Kumar Reddy garu, Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering, has delivered the content of the FDP.
Under Report writing, he emphasized that the primary objective of a laboratory/practical course is to reinforce the basic principles of a particular engineering/science course under study, compare them with published/ established standards so as to get an idea of the conformity of the results and its associated uncertainty.
He quoted the most important teaching objectives for laboratory courses.
- To allow the student to develop a “feel” for the scientific method of inquiry;
- To stimulate technical thinking and understanding of fundamental measurement and analysis techniques;
- To provide “hands-on” experience with lab instrumentation and data acquisition, being careful to relate measurements made with sophisticated equipment to those made with basic kinds of measurement techniques;
- To develop the ability to work together in groups and the organizational and leadership skills required to perform a technical analysis and engineering evaluation; and
- To improve the ability to present clear, succinct, well organized, and technically sound oral and written reports.
Dr. Kishan Reddy gave some quotes on R&D and elaborated them..
- Dr. Kishan Reddy gave some quotes on R&D and elaborated them.. UNESCO definition of R & D: “any systematic and creative activity undertaken to create new knowledge.”
- Carl Sagan (astronomer) aptly described a researcher as: “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
- Francis Bacon said: “DNA of excellence is research.”
Below are the valuable suggestions given by Dr. Kishan Kumar Reddy garu
- Institution should prioritize certain areas of research.
- Obtain Research Centre status from affiliated University based on prescribed norms.
- Work on live industry projects and GoI research thrust areas (work on the demand side, not supply side.
- Work Progress to be reviewed periodically by experts, both at micro level and macro level including financial monitoring.
- Faculty Skill Up gradation
- Ability to undertake industrial consultancy projects for internal revenue generation.
Principal Dr. Suresh Akella and Vice Chairman Mr. Hriday Reddy felicitated Dr. TKK Reddy garu that, this was a useful workshop for each and every academician. Both of them encouraged the faculty members to follow the suggestions given by the emeritus Professor.
They also appreciated R&D Cell coordinator Dr. Diaz sir, Assoc Prof Mr. Sainath for organizing